30.1.09

So Mike and Lisa got the family tickets to come visit Brett and I in Texas. They were here two weeks ago. We wanted to give them a real Texas greeting so we made sure to dress appropriately (cowboy boots and hats and the whole get-up, Brett was actually trying to put pigtails in my hair but I stopped there) they were here from Thursday night until Monday afternoon. Here is a run down of what we did;

Herman Park(took a train around the park)
Holocaust Museum
Whole day at Galveston (rode the fairy and played on the beach)
Gave them a tour of UH
Had a Texan BBQ lunch at Pappas BBQ
Played card games
And just enjoyed each others company

Here are some pics of the trip;








Wes was the only one that was brave enough to get in.




Here is still a lot of damage from Hurricane Ike


We all loved the way the houses were up on stilts














4 comments:

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Yay! That makes me so happy for you guys! I'm so glad you got to have family come see you! Sounds like you had lots of fun...what's wrong with pig tails Marn? :) I miss you tons! I'll call ya sometime week after next, we'll be out of town, but I sure do love ya and would really love to see you!

Amanda and Jake Matagi said...

Oh I miss you guys so much! Hopefully we'll be able to come out again sooner than later! Thanks both of you for preparing such a fun trip, it couldn't have gone any better!

marnie and brett talbot said...

Yeah, we rock!!! jk, love you guys too!!

paul & ashlee said...

i love how you have settled in and had some visitors. we love and think about you. thanks for keeping us updated!
-ash