23.3.11

March 10th - Grandpop's 90th Birthday





Both Brett and I were able to go to Sacramento to celebrate Grandpa Green's 90th birthday.

I got out there a little early and grandpa wanted to go run some errands. We get in the car and then it hits me.......the driver is 90 years old. I said "Gramps do you want me to drive?" he said "do you trust me to drive?" I said " should I?" he laughed and told me that he was fine driving as long as he didn't drive at night and didn't take the freeways. Truthfully I was really amazed at how well he did. I payed close attention and he was doing a great job! It was so good to see him doing so well!
Brett flew into Oakland on Friday, so Megs, Miss & I drove out to get him and then made a quick stop in San Francisco. That is a fun city. We ate lunch on pier 49 and I got some delicious clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. We got attached by all the seagulls that were hovering around to eat people scraps. They got more than half of miss's food before we even sat down...... needless to say we had fun!
It was so good to be able to get together with all the family. Brett had not met Dave and Les's family and so it was good he could meet some of them. We did a lot of hanging out and visiting, which is what we all wanted to do.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

It's a blessing when people we love make it to that age ..they're so special :)